Design and Engineering
- Our engineering team has a proven record of developing all aspects of both hardware and software to meet the customer's requirements.
- The team has extensive experience in Analogue and Digital systems together with RF and CAN/LIN technology.
- Using CAD packages such as Catia V5, ProEngineer and AutoCad, they can deal with any required mechanical and moulded products.
- All in-house test equipment is specified, developed and built by the engineering team to meet the specific needs of manufacturing.
- Early concept units and development boards are built by our engineers in our own prototype shops.
- All prototypes are manufactured in house with, wherever possible, the highest degree of automated assembly.
- The manufacture of prototype PCBs, complete ECUs and small harnesses can all be handled in-house.
- Rapid prototype mouldings and metal enclosures required to support prototype build will be manufactured externally.
Test and Validation
- May & Scofield will take full responsibility for all Design Validation and Production Validation testing of our products.
- Initial testing can be carried out in our own laboratories in order to minimise the use of external test facilities.
- Environmental, EMC/ESD and durability testing will be carried out under the supervision of our engineers at an approved test house.
- Vehicle security testing (to meet Thatcham and EU requirements) can be carried out in our workshops using specialy developed test equipment.
- We can also provide support to our customers ?in-vehicle' test and validation programmes wherever and whenever required.
- A Bar Code based system ensures all products are fully tracked throughout their manufacture with all inspection and test results held on a master data base.
- All products are manufactured using fully automated Pick-and-Place assembly processes.
- Conventional and ?through hole' assembly is carried out by our highly skilled manufacturing team.
- Inspection, including Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) and testing of products takes place at all stages of the manufacturing process.
- Washing and conformal coating of board assemblies can be carried out where required.