May & Scofield is very well resourced in the key area of product design, having a multi-discipline team of engineers to develop hardware, software, firmware and mechanical solutions to meet our customers' requirements
With a deep knowledge of analogue and digital systems together with detailed RF, CAN bus and LIN bus implementation, our Engineering Department has many years of product design and development experience in customised applications such as communications, lighting control, motor control, power management, security systems, signal control, visual displays and wireless systems for the automotive, defence, industrial and rail markets.
We are able to generate the detailed design schematics and drawings required via our main CAD packages including CATIA and Altium. Key additional tools include our Dimension Elite 3-D printer and Vector CANoe for CAN and LIN based developments.
Our in-house ATE and EOL test equipment is designed and assembled by our engineering department to meet the specific needs of our customers' programs.
Our engineering services include;
- Creating or assisting in the definition of product requirement specifications
- Complete development of products, from initial customer enquiry through to type approved, volume product manufacture
- 3D modelling and rapid prototype production
- ATE and EOL production test equipment design and build to support volume production and test
- EMC and environmental specification and test plan support
- Product analysis including FMEA, DFMEA, MTBF and IMDS
- Writing custom algorithms for best in-service product performance
- Visual Basic coding of GUI’s for testing and commissioning of custom products
- Test house management, planning and product type approval test support
- Design and manufacture of VCA compliant, intrusion test equipment
- Direct liaison with regulatory bodies, such as FCC, VCA and Thatcham
- Product evolution and functionality integration analysis
- Re-design of existing customer products to meet new requirements and compliances
All of which are in place to produce custom electronic control products and PCB's to suit your needs.